Saturday, January 27, 2007

Stash organization!

Yesterday I put all my yarn in one place and organized it, even the cotton and old acrylic from the beginner days. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I put a movie in (Notting Hill...love it) and went to town.

I am donating 17 skeins of yarn to the kid's daycare as they use yarn all the time for crafts. And I am actually throwing away yucky scraps! I found maybe 3 skeins of wool I didnt' love, I bought them as seconds and the colors don't speak to me. I'm not sure what I will do with them.

I organized the yarn by projects I have in mind and put them in bags together with a note naming the project. So now I have a huge rubbermaid tub full of "project yarn" and 2 rubbermaid tubs mostly full of "other" yarn, 3 small totes full of specific yarn (sock, undyed and peace fleece). Now when I started I didn't have the project yarn tote. Somehow my yarn has multiplied without me being aware.

It is great to see exactly what I have. For a long time I bought yarn in 1-2 skein "lots" to use for cloth diapering, but now my olders is potty learned and the youngest is in spoises, but I still have a lot of single skeins. But now I have plans for most of it! Can we say sweater vests? :)

I learned that I have a lot of great yarn and some fun projects ahead of me. I hope I remember this the next time I am tempted at my LYS or my fav online store ( www.littleturtleknits.com )

Now I am off to my knitting overnight trip! :)

No comments: